Installing a clean version of PrestaShop properly is essential to prevent issues with various plugins, including the CoinGate Bitcoin payment extension. Thus, in this guide, we will walk you through installation step-by-step.
Many of our clients sign up on CoinGate having just started their ventures into online shopping, without having deep knowledge of programming. Thus, we fully understand how the process of setting up your online store may be tricky and confusing. The vast share of customers who contact us regarding issues with our PrestaShop plugin, turn out to have failed to install PrestaShop properly in the first place. Similarly, in many cases, various issues arise from improper use of the cart system, rather than due to faults of our payment plugin.
Therefore, we are providing you with our fool-proof guide on how to install PrestaShop from scratch, hoping to set you on the right track of using this wonderful shopping cart system.
Install PrestaShop step-by-step guide
Please note, this guide was created using PrestaShop 22.214.171.124, but is also useful for installing older or upcoming versions.
1. Go to https://www.prestashop.com and download the latest version of PrestaShop.
2. Extract the downloaded ZIP file and upload the files to the “prestashop” directory on your server via FTP (you can use FileZilla – https://filezilla-project.org).
3. Create an SQL database on your server and call it “prestashop”.
4. Navigate to the directory in your web browser (the link is typically http://yourdomain.com/prestashop).
5. Click Next on the following three screens. Fill out the information required in the “Information about your Store” and “Your Account” sections.
6. Enter your database connection credentials and then click “Test your database connection now!”. If everything is ok, click “Next”.
7. That is all – you have finished with the installation! Do not forget to delete the “prestashop/install” folder from your server.
Congratulations, you are done! As you can see, it is not that complicated to install PrestaShop, but it is very important to do it properly at the very beginning. We hope you enjoyed our guide.