Later today New Jersey’s State Legislature will be holding a public hearing regarding digital currencies and bitcoin.
The Jersey Insurance Committee and Assembly Financial Institutions have invited guests to speak on the applications. These include current US regulatory schemes related to digital currency use and consumer protection risks and concerns.
The lineup of speakers include:
- Blockchain global policy counsel and attorney Marco Santori
- Tera Exchange president Leonard Nuara and co-founder Christian Martin
- Charles Cascarilla, CEO of ItBit
- Robert Wilkins, CEO of Ziftr
- CoinComply managing director Brian Stoeckert
- Professor Houman Shadab of New York Law School
- Jerry Brito, CoinCenter executive director
- Coinware general counsel Quentin Page
Ironically, the hearing comes the day following the latest revisions to the BitLicense framework.